Author Topic: v.5  (Read 89 times)

Offline TinSoldier

• does fuzzy logic tickle ?
    • View Profile
v.5
« on: June 22, 2020, 01:00:03 AM »
couple bugs -

Projects seem not to run, instead i get a empty debug window

Also the text is still hiding under the top window bar as before, (notice the fog object 90% hidden).

Suggestion:
I added a 64=x480 sprite to the project, it seems to me they should be loaded with the default image size, not scaled to 64x64 by default.

Also would be nice if we could click the image in the editor window to scale & move the image around, like pressing shift while dragging to maintain proportions, or without shift-key to adjust width & height separately

Also being an old fart, some sort size adjustment for the editor window, either a click & drag or select from a list ( maybe font size selection option, like most window text editors have).

Another thing would be editor window color adjustment, say like black or dark gray with white text, or black with orange text.. you know what ever the user color settings they may prefer & text size too.

I was going to add an screen capture, but 128k is to small, and i'm not willing to fill up my dropbox with single use images, maybe you could up the file size limit and if supported, auto delete them 48 hrs later to keep the space clean.

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
Re: v.5
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:38:36 AM »
What are the faulty projects? And some screenahots would be real useful. Also, moving an image and rotating is planned in a future version.
"The proof is left as an exercise for the reader."

Offline TinSoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 05:52:29 PM »
the fog project is the issue, as mentioned, you need to increase the upload image size for the forum, 128k is way to small to show any detail in images.

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
Actually attaching files doesn't work, because of some issius with a folder permission.

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
Re: v.5 (proper response)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »
Projects seem not to run, instead i get a empty debug window
I cannot reproduce this bug. Everything seems fine to me, atleast when I'm using my copy of VS2019.

Also the text is still hiding under the top window bar as before, (notice the fog object 90% hidden).
Can you copy paste in a post the content of your project using MS Notepad/Notepad++?
3DRadSpace currently uses a text format that looks like that, (with a binary format partially implemented):
Code: [Select]
3DRSP_text
skycolor SkyColor True 0 128 255
soundeffect SoundEffect True 1 0 0 0 Sounds/sound
textprint TextPrint True 400 400 1 1 0 0 0 255 255 255 0 0 Press <Enter> to play the sound    รพ Arial_12px
eok EventOnKey True 13 1 0 1 1
Let me explain the format:
First line is just an identifier.
All the other lines specify details about the loaded objects.

Suggestion:
I added a 64=x480 sprite to the project, it seems to me they should be loaded with the default image size, not scaled to 64x64 by default.

Yeah, I can easily add something similar in the next release.

Also would be nice if we could click the image in the editor window to scale & move the image around, like pressing shift while dragging to maintain proportions, or without shift-key to adjust width & height separately
This is planned for a future aplha release.

Also being an old fart, some sort size adjustment for the editor window, either a click & drag or select from a list ( maybe font size selection option, like most window text editors have).
Hm? I don't quite understand what do you mean? Setting to change the font size in the menustrip and listbox controls?

Another thing would be editor window color adjustment, say like black or dark gray with white text, or black with orange text.. you know what ever the user color settings they may prefer & text size too.
Looks like themes to me. Interesting idea. I don't think that `themes` fit a game engine like mine. Still, sounds kinda interesting.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:38:03 PM by NicusorN5 »

Offline TinSoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 02:25:35 AM »
A whole lot to reply too..

The projects are working now, cant say what changed, maybe it was the easy fix you supplied before.

I don't know what you mean " copy & paste the contents of my project" the project with the hidden text is the default fog project with no changes or additions to it. Even though the project seems to work now, i see the ground and fog line.. the fog object on the left is still 90% under the topmenu bar.

Text size & color scheme in the editor list window ( the left & top bar ), I don't know why those cant be changed and why your talking themes... what wrong with a simple color selection box and font + font size options for the user.

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 10:38:01 AM »

I don't know what you mean " copy & paste the contents of my project" the project with the hidden text is the default fog project with no changes or additions to it. Even though the project seems to work now, i see the ground and fog line.. the fog object on the left is still 90% under the topmenu bar.
The default Fog demo? Lemme check.

Text size & color scheme in the editor list window ( the left & top bar ), I don't know why those cant be changed and why your talking themes... what wrong with a simple color selection box and font + font size options for the user.
I didn't say it is impossible. Actualy themes are just predefined color schemes. I just mentioned that I've never saw such a thing as setting the UI fonts in a game engine editor ever.

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »
the fog object on the left is still 90% under the topmenu bar.
Coming back to this topic, since I'm finding bugs to fix for 0.0.7a, is your font size changed? All the objects are properly placed in my case. Would it be a issue if you use something like imgur to post a screenshot there?
(Using the img tag as specified below ) :
Code: [Select]
[img]<direct link>[/img]