Author Topic: Temporary development cease  (Read 53 times)

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
Temporary development cease
« on: July 03, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »
Hello guys, I've come with some bad news (not really in some points of view). I'm going to cease the development of this project after I release 0.0.6a since I'm changing my focus a more important project (where I also gathered some members for it). (Yes, a actually serious project involving commercial stuff).

I will estimate the development pause to be 1-2 years old, and depending on how unlucky I am... Let's not talk about... Eh, you propably know. Why I'm bringing up that point? Statistics. (TL:DR) This pause may be permanent if yeah... God, I should not bring these negative topics there.

Anyway, going back to 3DRadSpace, I will release the 0.0.6a version in the next few weeks, since I'm having trouble fixing some bugs there and there. After that, I will start working on that specific project.

I learnt alot of stuff writing this little toy that is right now capable to create really simple games ( a AABB collision platformer for example). There were also some other plans like implementing a physics enigine, implementing complete support for Assimp (Open Asset Import Library) formats, languages, writing a collection of shaders similar to the original engine. I will actually try making a platformer just for fun lol (If I will allocate time for it).

By using all these internet slangs I really threw professionalism outside the window. (Is that the expression?)

I'm not really saying goodbye to this project. Just a really longer break. Hopefully someone will continue this project meanwhile I'll be developing that project.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:20:37 PM by NicusorN5 »
"The proof is left as an exercise for the reader."

Offline NicusorN5

• Main 3DRadSpace Dev
    • View Profile
    • 3DRadSpace
Re: Temporary development cease
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 08:03:22 PM »
Update: Guess what, the newer project is not getting some necessary persons ( a 3D viewmodel animator) . So things are going back to normal. Well, thread locked.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 06:56:14 PM by NicusorN5 »
"The proof is left as an exercise for the reader."